Monday, October 1, 2018

Been a long time.

Started the month off at 221.4 pounds which is by far my highest ever. Ended 7.4 pounds down, .21 pounds per day or 1.48 per week, and 14.5% the way to my 170 goal. Out of the Obese category at least. It has actually affected my cycling and running with my stomach getting in the way cycling and legs getting trashed for days even though a run might feel good.

Starting a full time sub teaching position in Eau Claire teaching Physical Science to 8th graders and Earth science to 9th graders so I will have some routine and less stress (worrying about finding work is much higher for me personally).

Hoping to just get back under 200 so the workouts are not so bad, then keep rushing to 180. By that I mean the weight loss trumps workouts. a 8-10 mile ride needs to be fine mentally and a 1-2 mile run also needs to be. Also not worrying about pace. I have always had a habit of getting out of shape and being able to salvage it in a few months but this will be a long term process.

Planning on using some early spring and summer races as carrots for certain weight loss milestones. We will see how it goes. Here are my Sept totals.

Run: 6.7 miles in 1 hour.
Bike: 502 miles in 31 hours

Switching to indoor always takes me a bit to work up getting some bigger miles in.

Goal is another 7 pounds this month. Try and get some sort of workout in 6 days week. As long as I start it counts.


1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I hear you on the weight loss, though fortunately I don't have quite as much to lose! I'm at 170ish and keep thinking I can get to 155, but I haven't really moved much in the last few months even though I keep thinking I will... I'm hoping to up my running mileage and maybe that will do the trick. Keep it up, maybe I'll resurrect my blog too!

    ReplyDelete