Thursday, July 18, 2019

Phillips Triathlon

Great weather for race day and I did pretty well even though I was miserable during the bike from a rookie mistake. 7th overall of 47. Highlight was T1 was 30 seconds and 30 sec T2 was as well which was :15 to 1:30 better then all of the other top 10.

Swim Goal: 20% off of leader. Actual was 22%. It was a point to point and Sat map showed 400 yards and I got 395 on my watch at a 1:43 pace. There were only 25 people in mt wave but it felt WAY more congested. Really need to get back to wetsuit size to be better with those type of conditions.

Bike Goal. 5% and 250 watts. Actual was 9% and 237 watts. 243 weighted and 22.1 mph. There was a decent gravel section leading out and into transition so happier with speed and watts then you would think. I used my Desoto Forza shorts for the first time and I tied them like I do with my jammers in the pool. (bought them when I was 18 pounds lighter.  It was like a tight belt on the bike. Pushed too long (2 miles) and threw up a little before untying a double knot.  Felt bad the rest of the bike. Did get 5th overall on the only Strava Seg (I created the three sports ones) so not too shabby.

Run goal: 12%  Actual was 15%.  Went 7:37, :27, :17 and was only passed by a guy who beat me into T2 by about 20 seconds. Stomach was still on a roller coaster from the bike. I was running on hate which worked pretty well.

Overall I was only 8% out of first so I feel like I was pretty balanced.  Still getting the bug back and just need to double down on the weight loss.

Link to results.

https://my2.raceresult.com/131230/?lang=en#1_7AAEAD

No comments:

Post a Comment