Sunday, July 4, 2010

Half Ironman Training Begins and Golfing.

Golfed for the first time in 8 years. Played without any woods and was 2 over after the first 5 holes which had the two par fives. Shot a 48 so not too bad. Just got a set of Mizuno blades and have a driver on the way. Golf is oddly relaxing and challenging at the same time and it gets me loose and outside. We shall see how it progresses.

I started my Half Ironman training for Sept 26 with a 12.4 mile run on good tough terrain. Need to eat more the night before these. Don't have a set training plan in place with work constantly changing but I want a lot of 16-18 mile runs in there and to ride at least 4 hours 4 times by then. I will also be able to ride and run the course twice the first week of August. The second time around I will try and simulate race pace for the run after pacing the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment