Thursday, March 25, 2010

Good stroller workout 5x800

Had to take 4 of the last 5 days off due to stomach cramps and then coming back too hard with 2 hours 40 minutes the 4th day. Hit masters for 2300 yards this morning so I was a little tired for my run about 90 minutes later. Did 9.1 miles in the Vibrams and hit 5x800 in 2:56, 2:53, 2:54, 2:48, 2:50. I was aiming for at least 3:00 or at least doing them all or with a higher goal of 2:55's. This is by far the best stroller workout I have had. When I started I was up in the 3:20's this past summer. Need to really come up with a plan to get in race shape in a week two with trying to fit in non stroller workouts and hit the speed then.
Since I know the stroller running translates to decent biking I just need to get the time in the TT position and work on the footspeed in the 5:40 range. First race in only 8 days away and we are moving in 4. Pretty exciting times. It will be nice to get to do a sprint so I can gauge how I am coming along since I can "fake" a sprint and still do well I can really push it and fight for the finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment