Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Track and my role model.

Saw 82 year young Bob Hayes today and asked if he was doing the hill climb. He said he just got done running the M trail (20 something grade for .7 miles) to "get in shape". Awesome.

Did a track workout today with 8x100 with 100 recovery on the minute. Then 4x800: 2:37, 2:40, 2:35, 2:31. Really awesome bc it was a dirt track and these times are better then last year and without anyone around for pacing. My HR Avg and Max were both the highest during the first one so that is something to learn from for sure. I think I went out just too fast. The style of interval warmup I think really did help though. Without the stroller it might have been better. I also only had a minute recovery from this set before the set so that could have also played a factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment