Saturday, April 25, 2009

John Denver Memorial Ride 71 miles

From Wild Montana:
He was born in the Bitterroot Valley in the early morning rain
Wild geese over the water headin' north and home again
Bringin' a warm wind from the south
Bringin' the first taste of the spring
His mother took him to her breast and softly she did sing
Oh Montana, give this child a home
Give him the love of a good family and a woman of his own
Give him a fire in his heart give him a fire in his eyes
Give him the wind for a brother and the wild Montana skies

I had this song in my head on my ride bc I was in the Bitteroot Valley. Oh how it has changed.

Made it 71 miles with a 58 mile effort at 21.2 mph (134 HR, 69 cad as I was working on musclular endurance), there were lots of turns and stops and stuff so I was really happy with this ride. Easily quite a bit faster without all this. A full 15:00 minutes were spent under 16 mph with all the start stops. 8 minutes in Zone 3 at the end bc I wanted to and weather was rolling in and I wanted my cooldown through town to be functional instead of just boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment